Information for Surf Club Members
Constitution and By-Laws:
You must login to our website to view the Constitution and By-Laws.
Applications are invited from current financial patrolling members aged 14 – 25 years by the 1st of September 2016 (each year) interested in assistance through the Helen Westwood Chapman Memorial Scholarship Scheme.
U14 Racing Mal Scholarship:
The club owns four (4) Bravo Racing Mals which will be made available to U14 members on a selective basis in accordance with this policy. The objectives of this scholarship scheme are:
- To aid and assist valuable members of the club who have previously demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to the club and to the surf life saving movement in general, and have shown promise and talent in lifesaving or competition;
- To facilitate opportunities for nipper members to transition to active membership and senior competition;
- To provide opportunities for junior members to improve board paddling skills through training in preparation for active membership;
- To improve retention of youth membership; and
- To encourage participation in surf sports representing Ballina SLSC.
Child Safe Policy:
This BLLSLSC Child Safe Policy aims to assist our Club to uphold its core values and create a safe, fair and inclusive environment for everyone associated with our organisation especially children. It sets out our commitment to ensure that every person involved in our organisation is treated with respect and dignity and protected from discrimination, harassment and abuse. It also ensures that everyone involved in our organisation is aware of their legal and ethical rights and responsibilities, as well as the standards of behaviour expected of them.
BLLSLSC understands that good child safe policies and practices are the best way to reduce potential risks and keep children safer in our organisation. BLLSLSC has therefore:
- Introduced a member Child Safe Code of Behaviour that must be complied with by all Club members
- Introduced compulsory Working with Children Checks for those members working closely with children
- Appointed a Member Protection and Information Officer (MPIO) tasked with reviewing risks, encouraging good communication and training of the requirements for a Child Safe Organisatio.n The MPIO is also the first contact for the reporting of any Grievance or complaint.
- Developed a Grievance Policy to seek a resolution of any grievance or complaint.
The Grievance Policy explains what to do if you have a grievance about anything to do with BLLSLSC.
Nipper Parent Policy:
The purpose of the policy is to ensure that parents/carers/guardians are aware that as a voluntary organisation the Club requires assistance from parents/carers/guardians to make our nipper program an enjoyable experience. For this reason each nipper applying for membership with the Club includes an accompanying application for Club membership by a parent/carer/guardian, with the expectation that the parent/carer/guardian will assist in some capacity with the Club’s nipper program.
Clubhouse Access (FOB) Policy:
The purpose of the policy is to provide a framework for regulated member access to and within various sections of the surf club facility and storage building.
Board Hire Policy:
To ensure boards are kept up to date and minimise the financial liability of the club in respect to board purchases and repairs by leasing boards to members to cover these costs.
Representative Selection Policy:
To outline the conditions under which competitors are selected to represent the club in individual and team competitions.